Friday, February 29, 2008

Pokeeta! ?What?

Ok, if you have never seen Chicken Little, you are so not going to get this blog! But more importantly, you don't have time to read this cuz you have more important things to be doing like, oh I don't know, WATCHING CHICKEN LITTLE! This movie is one of my favorate movies ever!
Yesterday was a classic Chicken Little day in our family! It started the night before at church, when our daughter, Emily, was brought to me by her teacher cuz she was having an accute asthma attack--(which by the way, I don't see anything ah cute about an asthma attack). Anyway, I went to my purse to get her rescue inhailer only to discover it was not in my purse. So the teacher said, would you like me to take her to the freezer? (Sure I thought, why not torture her by making her cold on top of shortness of breath and wheezing-----it'll be fun.) Well, I know that helps some people so I said sure, that would be great, I am going to see if Regina is still here, cuz I can just use Mackenna's inhailer for Emily, alas she was gone. So I said I'll call my pharmacy and get a refill on our rescue inhailer----Closed. I'll call doctor---advice---go home and get inhailer or take her to ER. OH yeah, Emily's still in the freezer, I go over and check on her, she looks at me and says, it still hurts, and it kind of smells like pizza in here. Great now I am hunger----focus MOM, Emily's having an asthma attack. So I went and got my husband to tell him we need to go home, many people steppe up to help us with adivce like give her a coke, that's what they do sometimes at some schools, it helps open them up?---Tried it, didn't work, now several people have entered the "oh, she the overreacting mom" mode and are telling she is fine, I listened, felt, and she is fine. Well, I told Tim, I want to go home, and he said why don't you go get her inhailer and bring it back, and leave Emily here, so I say ok---------cuz it would be silly to take her with me so she can get relief sooner. Anyway, live and learn , right? Anyway, by the time I got back her PFM was barely above 50, at 50 or below we have to go to the ER/Doctor Office for breathing treatment. Anyway, we got home finally and she went to bed still wheezing a little. At about 12:00, our son Jacob threw up on his brother Josh, cuz they were sleeping together for the night. At about 2:00 he threw up for the fifth and the last time. At 7:00 I got up to check on everyone, and could hear Emily wheezing from her bed while still in my room. So the day begins---my major problem---getting Emily to the doctor's office for a breathing treatment in a van that won't stay cranked,(my husband pointed out that I could always call 911 if the van stopped and Emily was having a major asthma attack! She would have to go to the ER alone, cuz they won't let you take FOUR KIDS IN AN AMBULANCE----NO THANK YOU!) but I can't call friends cuz I don't know if Jacob has the virus that no one wants. So after about 2 hours I finally get a plan in play and we are on our way to the doctor's office. Did I mention, I have had a headache for about three days? And my house is so messy that I will pretend to not be home if you ring my door bell? FOCUS! So sure enough Emily need a treatment. We got back home at about 2:00, very tired, and weepy cuz I am very tired! But on the bright side we now have the medicine, and machine we need to do treatment at home if this happens again. The even brighter side---the treatments make her very hyper!!!!!!YEAH!!!
Anyway, what does any of this have to do with Chicken Little, well in the movie the little out of space baby was trying to tell Chicken Little's dad where is parents were. He kept saying, POKEETA! POKEETA!--which means Mom and Dad! and all I wanted yesterday was to yell POOOOKEEEETTTTAAA, cuz then someone else is in charge and I can go take a much needed nap!

No comments: