Monday, March 17, 2008

Right Brain living in a left brain world.

I had such high hope for the day. Get up early, get dressed, have my quiet time, prepare breakfast, wake-up the kids, and start their day. Well, it all was going great right up to the wake up early part! I don't remember hearing my alarm, and at 8:00 I heard children playing in the living room, so much for a quiet start to the morning. My attitude stinks, and I am extremely frustrated. I have been reminded often of my huge flaw! I am a perfectionist. Not like my friend Jenny. She is a good perfectionist. She sees a problem, comes up with a good plan, and then carries it out smoothly and ALL WITH A SMILE AND A SWEET SPIRIT! It is amazing! Not so much with me, I want everything to go smoothly, and if it doesn't, I want to just do nothing-----for example, kids can't find chart folders, laundry needs to be folded---not on my morning chore chart----we need to eat breakfast, and school should have started one hour ago, none of these things have taken place so I am ready to put my pj's back on and call it a day! How crazy it that! I don't usally make list cuz I end up very frustrated when my list gets out of order, but if I don't make list and charts--my whole world is CHAOS----Can'tHaveAnyoneOverSyndrome. So where is the happy middle ground.. Do people actually live in a place where list help with direction but don't consume? Can you actually make a list and adjust it? It seems to me that I can either 1. Make a list, be a mad woman and make sure everthing is done in order, and have very unhappy children and a stinky day. OR 2. Don't make a list, don't get much accomplished, and end my day very frustrated that nothing got done today! Neither are very appealing! For my friends that seem to be naturally organized, be thankful. It is not easy for a right brain girl to live in a left brain world. There is a constant battle going on---One side is list consumed and the Other side is playing with a lady bug. Things are behind, kids are hungry, house is calling, laundry is lurking, floors need to be vaccumed, school needs to be done and mom is BLOGING!!! Makes perfect sense. Love you and I hope you have a great day! Ooooooh look a butterfly!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I love you...I'll say a prayer for you. I hope your day gets better! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you...I'm in cleaning mode and I don't think children are happy. Oh Well, I NEED to clean up this house or I'm going to be a madwoman by the end of the week!!! (did you know that I had a kitchen table?!)

Lorrie said...

I too have a problem. Since we're confessing. I don't know how to eat an elephant. I was just telling Rob yesterday, as a matter of fact, that I needed to learn to do this feat. It's all or nothing for me, and when I can't do it all I get paralyzed, and do nothing. Make sense? I need to practice taking one bite at a time.