Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Okay, admittedly some of the things that occured this morning could have been avoided, but then my blog wouldn't be quite as amusing. First I started my day not feeling great and tired, cuz I am having some trouble sleeping still...anyway...I had a ton of things to get done today. So before I left, I called a sweet friend and asked her to pray for me when she thought of me, today. The words patience and kindness may have been used. So I loaded the trash and off we went. I got to the dump and almost fell into the dumpster cuz my shoes were wet and I slipped, twisting my back. So I grateful whisper a prayer for my safety and head out for my next stop. I told the kids we could get breakfast at Sonic so I pulled in and Jacob said I'm not hungry, I tried to explain this was breakfast and we would not be eating lunch until late, still he said I'm not hungry. So, I said ok, are you fee..........too late, he started throwing up all over the place. So jumped out of the van and ran around to open his door and get him out of the van, okay it was more of a hobble, hobble, limp, limp really fast, but his door was locked. So I did somthing that shocked the snot out of me. I pitched a fit, I stomped my foot and grunted very loud right in the middle of Sonic's parking lot for all to see , wearing a christian t-shirt, I pitched a fit , and went back to unlock the door and come back to finally help Jacob. By now he has finished throwing up and is very pale and wanting to go to sleep. And IT BEGINS TO SNOW!!! So I sat Jacob back in his seat, drove to Dollar General and went inside, I asked the lady if I could please get so clothes and clean him up and then I would pay for the items, she said that would be fine. So I went back to the clothes, Geuss what! They are over acheivers and have already put the spring clothes out. Not a long sleeve shirt or pair of pants could be found So I found a sweat shirt that wouldn't fall off of him, it wason a talbe at the front of the store and was 70% off and had to scrap the throw up off his pants, that were made of the slippery material so it didn't soak him. After that the kids and I go back to the van, they all got in a turned on the heater while I cleaned the van. Did I mention it was snowing. Anyway, Everyone got buckled and off we went to out next stop, Wal-Mart. After two hours at Wal-Mart and wanting to smak someone I said, grab some cheeze-it, and we are leaving. I had a list, I went prepared, I had a goal and I was completely DEFEATED! I never looked at the list, I went down the same isle five time, and I couldn't for the life of me tell you what my goals were. All I know is now I am home, I am in my jammies and I am taking a nap as soon as I am finished. So the van is officially broken in and is smelling a little less like a girl, but I can tell you that the little wipes that you can buy really work for quick messy clean ups! So I hope you are having a good day, and hopefully this will make you laugh, cuz now that I am home it's beginning to be a tadpole funny! Please don't feel sorry for me, it's funny! Life happens, somedays you just have more life than engery and this just happened to be one of those day! So for the rest of the day, I will snuggle with my kids, let them eat spaghetti in the living room while we watch a movie together. I will play blocks and cars, and color and work on puzzles. I have officially left grumpy, fit pitching mom were she belongs............out in the cold! Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Tina said...

If Josh had never said 'this van smells like a girl', Jacob wouldn't have needed to throw up in it!! haha!!!

I'm so glad you can find the humor in everything.

I love you!!

amy said...

hi! i don't know if you remember me or not, but i sure am enjoying your blog. you have such a great perspective of life and life as a mom, which can throw you some curve balls! i love that you just put on your catcher's mitt and plow through. your story was a mess of funny, and i'm glad you're now laughing. it was really an encouragement to me, thanks.

rthling said...

At least you didn't go into Wal-mart and disrespect the greeter and the manager she ran to get, and then have her read your VBS shirt as you walked away and ask you if you went to FBC. No, you would wear a coat zipped up to your neck over your Christian t-shirt and fling throw-up on the fish on the back of your van to cover it up, LOL!

Lorrie said...

You're gonna let your kids eat WHAT in the living room! I just had a mini stroke, thanks.
I say you start packing a permanent bag to keep in your van at all times with every ones size clothing in it. Just in case-you know.
I'm glad you can look back and see the funny in your day. And to think God sent you snow to brighten your day. Isn't He wonderful?
I can assure you, I would have pitched more than a fit after someone puked in my new van. I might have just pitched a kid. So good going my friend.