Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A lesson RE-LEARNED (maybe)

Hello again! Well yesterday carried into the night and early morning and today. Today I made one huge mistake! I forgot to pray without ceasing! Today, there was more fighting, frustration, complaining and less productivity! Ashley began throwing up about 11:30 last night, and it lasted until about 8:00am. By this point she was dry-heaving. It was awful! She is such a trooper! She cried alittle, but mostly just wanted to lay around. about 12:00 she started feeling better. But after naps we were back to laying around. It's about 8:00 now and she seems fine. I was so thankful to have the laundry caught up, if this would have happened yesterday I would have just cried. I am alittle tired, but my house is mostly cleaned. Tommorrow we will be able to finish for sure! I am so excited. About an hour ago I was thinking, what was different, why didn't today go as smoothly as yesterday? That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks as I was fussing at Joshua for not really listening, paying attention and following my direction, when the Holy Spirit covicted me of the same crime. I just stopped mid-sentence. How often God has brought me to this same intersection? Atleast a dozen times (this week) and each time I react much like Josh-------completely stunned that I am here again! But God's forgiveness runs deeper than my sin, and His grace last longer than my willfullness. I am so thankful. Josh almost always instantly repents, and turn and trys to do right, I wish I could say the same, but today I tried to be like him. I repented, and turned, fewer things got done, but I think over-all God is pleased when we are obiedent to Him even if our house is not spot-less.

2 comments:

amy said...

good words. i was thinking the other day, if my heart was as spotless as my house, i'd be doing pretty good. i have a love/hate relationship with the lessons that the Lord teaches me through my kids. i love that He teaches me through them, but hate it that i'm usually the one in need of teaching.

Lorrie said...

Ditto what Amy said.
I hope you have a better week next week.