Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What a way to start a day!

I don't know about y'all but I am blessed with the ability to forgive easily and to extend grace to all except me. You can say or do something that hurts me and then as soon as you say "Man, I am sorry" (or anything that might accidentally sound like an apology) forgiveness flows and grace washes over the hurt. The only exception is when I need to forgive or extend grace to myself. It's like I worry I will eventually run out so I don't want to use is when it's not needed.......blah, blah, blah...... So anyway, life has been WACKO- NUTS-O>>>>> I think I just typed Spanish! Cool! For all who don't really know me, I would much rather build forts in the woods that do laundry. On the surface this sounds great, but let me tell you there is nothing fun about walking around looking for just one pair of clean something so that each person can get dressed so you can go a build a fort. Yesterday, I reached that place where I decided it would be easier to just move than actually clean this mess up. There was no one room that I could go to and say "Well at least this room looks okay." I spent all of my morning at the doctor's office with four sick kids, and the pharmacy waiting on prescriptions, and at my mom's using here high speed Internet taking a test (which I passed!) for work cuz I had to have it completed by last night to complete my training (which I completed). Anyway, I got home in time to rest for about 45 minutes before it was time to start getting ready for work. I went to work and came home to the same mess, cuz my husband was trying to fix a mower so he could create a path in our jungle we call a yard, and going to Wal-Mart to get things that had to be gotten. Anyway that's it I'd had enough! So what did I do.............I made a list, and all consuming, list that lumed over my head while I slept.....mocking me, nah, nah, na-nah-na you're house is a mess.......Okay enough drama! But do you want to know how I got to start my day? Do ya? Huh Huh do ya? Sure you do.........I woke up to my radio alarm............MY CHAINS ARE GONE I'VE BEEN SET FREE. MY GOD, AND SAVIOR HAS RANSOM ME. AND LIKE A FLOOD HIS MERCY RAIN UNENDING LOVE AMAZING GRACE! How awesome is God! Just what I needed to jump start my day. I am typing to you in a living room that will soon be clean and with bedroom that is clean and a bathroom that is clean and with two kids rooms that are "kid" clean. If you come over now I will not extend and invitation to come inside just yet but soon and very soon! I hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

rthling said...

I LOVE it when God takes over and reminds us that He is in control.
It is great to put aside laundry and build a fort instead, but when we don't accomplish our tasks, we end up beating ourselves in the head later. I keep telling the kids that if they cleaned up their rooms BEFORE they go out and play, they can play without worrying that I will be yelling at them later. Excuse me while I go hang some clothes on the line...
[crickets chirping]
Okay, I'm back.
Heehee, just kidding! I really do need to do some laundry, but Shawn hates it when I line dry his jeans. They are stiff and uncomfy when you wear them. So I guess I'll have to put them in the dryer. But that means I have to take out the whites and fold them.
[sigh]
Good to have you back! We've missed you!
Lorrie had resorted to telling me I should remind you to blog.
[grin]
Kudos for all you accomplished today!

Tina said...

I LOVE that song...ALWAYS lifts my spirits!!

Good to see you blogging...good to see you getting stuff done to make you feel better!!

Love ya!

Lorrie said...

FINALLY!
Don't you just LOOOVE a clean house! It makes it look so much bigger. Sadly, I ran out of detergent yesterday. I was on a role too.
Congrats on the test for work.

L-

rthling said...

You SO don't have to do this meme! But I tagged you on mine. Go check it out if you have time. Love you!

Lorrie said...

Since you never post. I assume you must be sooo busy doing productive super mom things, unlike me who can't seem to get away from this blog life. I didn't tag you because Diane did. But you can check it out over at mine if you want to. Whenever you decide to blog again that is. Sometime before next year, would ya! I mean come on, you'd think you have like four kids or something...

Hugs (from afar)